This was a great week! I'm tired. We had to move back some baptismal dates because our investigators haven't been coming to church. Here's a fun puzzle for you, why are people more willing to commit to getting baptized on a specific date than they're willing to come to church even once? Let me know when you find some solutions, because we're stumped.
I've been thinking a lot this week about the quote on the box on page 19 of Preach My Gospel. I assume you all know the one I'm talking about. :) When people don't come to church, or don't read the Book of Mormon, or don't act on spiritual promptings, it shows a misunderstanding of doctrine. Unfortunately for the render of the invitation to do those things, the invitee has to CHOOSE to understand
I've also been thinking about consecration. Don't hold anything back from the Lord. It just makes no sense. Our lives aren't that long. But eternity sounds pretty darn permanent. Don't pick and choose what you're willing to put on the sacrifice table.
Here's my favorite quote right now that was in the September Ensign, from Susanna Wesley to her son, John Wesley (the founder of Methodism):
“Would you judge the lawfulness or unlawfulness of pleasure, [of the innocence of malignity of actions? Take this rule.] Whatever weakens your reason, impairs the tenderness of your conscience, obscures your sense of God, or takes off your relish of spiritual things; in short, whatever increases the strength and authority of your body over your mind; that thing is sin to you, however innocent it may be in itself.”8
Those are all the inspiring things I've got for today.
I really really love all of you, Souvenez-vous qui vous êtes ♥
Whoa I just skimmed my email from last week...I sound like I had so much energy. Maybe it goes in waves, and next week I'll be feeling chipper.
Have a good week!
Sister Lonas
Whoa I just skimmed my email from last week...I sound like I had so much energy. Maybe it goes in waves, and next week I'll be feeling chipper.
Have a good week!
Sister Lonas
No comments:
Post a Comment