We got our two new
districts this week, they're way cool! My new companion is the best and
it turns out our information on her was a little off--her name is
Sister FOUTS, and she's going to New York, speaking Haitian-Creole. So
that's awesome. She's the only sister in her district, which is why
we're companions, but because we don't speak the same language I still
go to class and teach with Soeurs Torres and Cruz. It's awesome because
I'm never with a companion long enough to get really sick of them! But
yeah, Fouts is the cutest and she looks like the princess from Brave,
and she's super smart and we've found out a ton of stuff we have in
common.
Um, besides that the most exciting thing
that happened this week was when Cruz got up on the top bunk of an
unused bed in our room and then screamed "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!" when
she looked into the vent-- There was a rotting orange with a face drawn
onto it with a mustache and a sombrero. We have no idea how long it's
been in there but based on how it looks, we're guessing at least a few
months. We named it Petri. Turns out that when people said there were
weird things hidden around the MTC, they weren't kidding.
Oh,
Linda K Burton gave our devotional last Tuesday! That was way legit.
She talked about being a disciple of Christ, it opened my eyes up to so
many new ways in which I can be a representative of Christ every day in
my behavior--not just because my nametag says I am. And then Richard L.
Heaton gave the Sunday
devotional, my favorite thing he said was "We can fake out others; we
might even be able to fake out ourselves. But we cannot fake out God."
and when he said that there will be many who turn away from our message,
but that our words and efforts are NEVER wasted.
And
I don't think I've said anything thus far about our teachers but we
have the most amazing teachers ever. I can't believe I haven't
mentioned them yet, we spend all day every day with them haha. Soeur
Hafen et Frère Davis. I love them both to death. They both served
their missions in France and have such amazingly strong testimonies of
the gospel and of missionary work.
This week
Frère Davis had us each go into a little room by ourselves to pray alone
for as long as half an hour. It was weird being in a room by myself--I
felt uncomfortable being without my companions. However, during that
time I gained my testimony of praying out loud. I prayed and cried and
afterwards Cruz and Torres came into the room with me and we talked
about it and cried together. God and I had some stuff we really had to
figure out. In my journal I wrote, while I was still in the room by
myself: "At this moment I have a greater testimony of prayer than ever
before in my life. I don't know how I've been teaching it, before
feeling this way." I didn't want to end my prayer, it was like not
wanting to hang up the phone. I am forever learning more about who I
really am.
Also, scriptures are the coolest
ever. I've had so many experiences this week when my prayers were
answered in the scriptures, or when I was able to help someone else find
answers to their prayers in the scriptures. The Book of Mormon and the
Bible just make me really happy. Read the scriptures all the time. I
think a lot about when Chase told me "If you ever don't want to read the
scriptures, read them until you want to read them." and I think I
understand it now :) It's great advice.
I love you all dearly! Keep writing me, I love hearing about anything and everything!
Bisous,
Soeur Lonas

No comments:
Post a Comment