This was a great week :) so many things to tell...
The ice cream problem (namely, me liking it too much) is very real. Last week after emailing, we went to a magical place. But it requires some back story. So, I have been hearing about this place called Chocolat Favoris since I was in the MTC. It's basically where you get an ice cream cone and they dip it in chocolate but it's so much more than that. Ice cream flavors are vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or maple (classic Canada) and chocolate flavors are endless and when the cone is dipped, the chocolate is suuuper thick and glorious. So we've been hearing about this place (including from President, it's his favorite thing in the world), but we heard that it's only in Montreal so when we were there for zone training and stuff a couple of weeks ago we looked for it a bit but didn't see it and we don't have internet so we couldn't look it up and so we just returned to Terrebonne and decided we could ask someone for an address in a transfer or something. But then, Sister Schmuhl and I were eating at a member's house and Sister Munoz (nicest woman) started telling us about this amazing ice cream place she went to in Terrebonne with a couple other sisters in the Relief Society because she wanted us to try it on PDay and she couldn't remember the name but just kept saying "Chocolat.....chocolat.....je me souviens pas!!" and Sister Schmuhl and I just looked at each other and Sister Schmuhl said "Chocolat...favoris?" And Sister Munoz was like "OUI C'EST CA" And this was just the most exciting thing. So we had her give us the address and didn't tell the Mascouche sisters anything except that we had a surprise for them and last week after emailing we blindfolded them and took them there and it was amazing and there are pictures I'll send. The ice cream cone was bigger than our faces. It was a truly magical experience.

Also, we have to bring our car to the body shop tomorrow because it has this dent in the front (not our fault, it's been there since before we got here) so we're not going to have a car for the week. We're still trying to figure out exactly how we're going to do that because we really do have a pretty big proselyting area and we frequently have to make good 30-45 minute drives to meet with people but it's going to be good! We're excited. We tested out the bikes the other day and that was very entertaining, there's a picture of that on one of our cameras I'll try and send, too. Too good, too good.
Our stake did this huge blood drive on Friday and we volunteered at it, which meant we got to talk to sooooo many nonmembers and we got some numbers and addresses that we're way excited to contact this week.
The day after the blood drive, our ward and the Mascouche ward did a joint barbecue for their big annual activity thing -- it was a REALLY big deal. We also got some good contacts from that, one in particular that we're meeting with tonight and we're way stoked about :) Also, Sister Schmuhl and I got roped into competing in this huge croquet tournament and neither of us had ever played before but EVERYONE participated and was talking about how they had legitimately been practicing for this thing with their families for weeks and then Sister Schmuhl and I totally won and the ward respects us more now which is just the funniest thing.
Here we are at the BBQ. We decided to all match (and share clothes) so that is just great. So fun.
Here we are at the BBQ. We decided to all match (and share clothes) so that is just great. So fun.
AND we got a couple of new elders in our district this week because Elder Fierro (who was serving in our ward and as District Leader) and Elder Simoes died (mission-speak for "went home"). The new elder in our ward is named Elder Mecham, he's from Palm Springs area and he's been serving in English his whole mission so he's struggling with the language but it's been nice that we've had a chance so speak up a little more in Correlation and Ward Council just because we're more needed, now, language-wise. And it's nice realizing how well we really have gotten to know the ward members over the last transfer :) I love this ward so much.
Our most solid investigator had a bit of a hiccup this week where her mom decided she is no longer down for her being baptized so her date is being moved from September 20th until December, because she turns 18 December 3rd. So that's a little bit of a bummer, but we were so thrilled for her that she still has the desire to be baptized and that she is diligently preparing for that. We decided this morning during studies that when we meet with her this week we are going to invite her to finish the Book of Mormon before her 18th birthday -- and that we are going to do it too, in French. That way we will be as equipped as possibly to discuss it with her. We're so excited! And we really really love her, she is an amazing girl.
I feel like every week I either have time to tell y'all about what I'm doing or about what I'm thinking, never both. Bummer. But I'm glad to update you all on my activities! It was a really good week! It's hard talking about people we actually meet with because I don't want to use names, they're way too tech savvy. But we meet with great people :)
I love you all so much!!
Souvenez-vous qui vous etes ♥
Bisous,
Soeur Lonas
No comments:
Post a Comment