Rebecca will be serving for 18 months as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the
Canada Montreal Mission.

If you're curious, more info can be found here at Mormon.org

Monday, August 31, 2015

God is Good

I didn't realize how much I talked about ice cream in my letters home until my mom mentioned it in an email hahaha. But I know (or hope) I'm keeping it under control because I didn't eat so much ice cream this week, and yet somehow it was still the best week so far.

You can really see happiness in people.  It shows in their faces and posture and spirit.  Watching the light of Christ grow in others as they learn to accept Him and use Him in their lives is the greatest joy I've ever experienced.  We've seen so many miracles this week, and we've been so blessed as we've walked and biked around for miles and miles.  Our ward is so good to us, but more importantly, God is good to us.  

One of our investigators has a baptism date for September 19th, we're so excited for her!  She's been in Haiti for the last three weeks, but she got back on Wednesday and came to church this week.  Bishop showed her the baptismal font and we talked about how her baptism will be and I cried.

One of our other investigators (the same one I talked about last week) committed to a baptismal date of December 13th and said that she is finally sure she's received a response to her prayers and she is firm in her desire to be baptized.  She texted us the night she felt God's answer and I cried.

We've been trying to meet with this man who was a brand new investigator of the last sisters ever since we got here and every time we went to his house, he wasn't home.  And then this week, God decided the timing was right and we went to try one more time and not only was he home, but he is the most spiritually prepared person I have ever met.  People like him are such an inspiration to me.  After about a thirty minute visit, he committed to be baptized.  We're hoping to set a date with him on Friday.  Stoked.  

The gospel makes people's lives better.  It really does.

I used to think I was pretty good at directions and maps and orienting myself but I've somehow gotten really bad at it.  I feel like mom every time I step out of someone'e house and have no idea which way to turn to get back to the car.  #unexpectedmissionarysideeffect

Two different people this week asked me halfway through our conversations if I was from France and they were really embarrassed that I wasn't because they saw that as a total insult, but I am so flattered!!  

It's been an awesome week, we have been so blessed.  I'm addicted to missionary work.  It's the best thing to be addicted to.  I am so happy!

I love you :)
Souvenez-vous qui vous etes ♥
Bisous,
Soeur Lonas

No comments:

Post a Comment