Rebecca will be serving for 18 months as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the
Canada Montreal Mission.

If you're curious, more info can be found here at Mormon.org

Monday, November 30, 2015

Missions and Christmas

Biggest news of the week: Larry decided he's going to serve a mission. He met with the bishop about it yesterday to find out everything he has to do to prepare for that, but he's planning on going in less than a year, right after he has the opportunity to go through the temple after a year of membership. I feel like I fangirl about this all the time, but I could never say enough that he is a miracle. His testimony strengthens ours every day, we're very grateful we get to keep meeting with him as a recent convert (although now we switch off with the Elders). He has overcome so many challenges throughout his conversion process and I know those experiences have prepared him for people somewhere who are waiting for him, specifically. They are waiting for the hope of the Atonement he will bring into their lives.

Speaking of missions, our ward had a farewell yesterday for Johnathon, who's been a HUGE help to us these last five months (I cannot believe how long I've been here) and he's going to Long Beach, California! I'm so jealous he gets to leave and go to California just as it's getting cold. He keeps asking me if they even play hockey there, I don't know how many times I've told him that in the US hockey is just not what it is for Canada. But he's going to be an amazing missionary, his story is incredible.

It's snowing here, now, which has it's pros and cons. Well, one con. It's freezing. But I had forgotten that I really do love the snow. It is gorgeous and when snow is falling, everything feels like Magic Christmas Sprinkles Land. Maybe that's just because I've seen it snowing so rarely in my life, and I'm sure it will get old before too long, but for now I'm loving it :)

I weighed myself this week, that was not the best decision I've ever made. But I still have so many reasons to feel good about my personal appearance; my leg hair is longer than ever.

I'm struggling to think of what else happened this week that might be interesting to people who aren't me and Sister Schmuhl. But let's be honest, I've pretty much lost touch with who people even are who aren't me or Sister Schmuhl. We've been together for a very long time. Still love her! I feel very blessed to have her as my companion, it's amazing how you can be with someone for five months and still learn from them every day.

We're going caroling tonight to share the new church video "The Savior is Born" with the world, hoping we don't freeze! I love Christmas!

I love all of you! Thank you for still reading my letters! Stay warm, share the new church Christmas video with your friends, and remember who you are ♥
Soeur Lonas

No comments:

Post a Comment